Whats The Difference?

State Resale Certificate

  • Also known as Sales Tax Permit, Certificate of Authority, Reseller Permit, Taxpayer ID Number

  • MUST HAVE for reselling goods, etc.

  • This will allow you to purchase items from wholesalers and distributors without paying sales tax if resold

  • Assigned by the state

  • Used to collect sales tax from your clients and to avoid sales tax to your supplier

  • Used to file Sales Taxes

  • Apply Now

Employer ID Number (EIN)

  • Also known as Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), Tax Identification Number

  • MUST HAVE for a new or existing business

  • Assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

  • Used to hire employees

  • Used to file business taxes

  • Can be requested to the IRS to cancel

  • Apply Now


Prior to registering your Company for a State Resale Certificate, you will first need an Employer Identification Number for your business. If you do not have an EIN, our agents will prepare and submit your EIN Application to the IRS on your behalf. If you would like to apply for a State Resale Certificate, our agents will prepare and submit your State Resale Certificate to the desired states Department of Revenue. A State Resale Certificate or Employer Identification Number (EIN) may be obtained by any new or existing business within the United States.

Tax ID Services is not affiliated with any government agency. Tax ID Services offers a paid service (These services or forms are available from the government at a lower cost.) in which our agents will prepare and submit your application to the specified states department of revenue or the IRS on your behalf for a paid fee based on your delivery needs.